Friday, January 18, 2013

Hope

Hope is my word for this year. Gracious, how I have so much to learn still! How we can have peace as well as hope in the very midst of pain and heartbreak. I cannot lie- I was not sad to chunk my 2012 calendar in the trashcan come January 1 2013. Going through my 2012 calendar so that I could write Birthdays and special occasions for 2013, reminded me month by month what we were doing during our wait for Luke...Homestudy visits, DTC, an amazingly quick LOA, I800 approval,etc... It also reminded me of the pain we were experiencing with Kelly- appointments, birthday, school events, and then, the day we flew her to meet her new family. Heartache.  And then the months waiting to hear the news from China- the waiting- the hoping. And then the news. But I am writing this with great hope. We are praying that China will change their mind- we have asked them and explained multiple times. We know that they don't typically do. That it will be a pure miracle. And if they do not, we will accept that. With hope. And peace. And believe that God must be up to something far bigger than we can imagine.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

4 comments:

Dawn said...

HI Kim
I peek in often and have not left a comment, but your family has been on my mind. I had NO idea about Kelly unitl I just read your post..I am so sorry...and I am so sad for your family about Luke...I will be praying China reconsiders their decision...sending lots of love♥

Tina said...

Hi Kim,
I didn't know about Kelly either. Send me an email when you get a chance. I think about you often. Praying for you and that China will change their mind!
Love ya,
Tina

sh0ptildr@aol.com

Carla said...

You know my prayers for you and the Kelly & Luke situations! You know my prayers for Kelly to find peace and happiness!! You know we are behind y'all 100% and pray that China will read the letters of both families and understand on some level why things turned out they way they did with Kelly and that Luke will soon be in your arms!! My Hope is in Him to give everyone involved some Peace!!! Love you!!

MDF Board said...

Hi,
Awesome post..
MDF | Veneered MDF